Work for us
Interested in wanting to work for us? Home and Family Counselling is a great, values-based organisation to work for. We pride ourselves on employing well qualified, experienced people that relate well to others. From time to time employment opportunities will be advertised here on our website.
Home and Family Counselling, an established and well-respected not-for-profit agency that provides short-medium counselling has two vacancies on their Mount Eden team for experienced counsellors. The ideal applicants will work from a systemic perspective and be able to work with Families, Couples & Individuals. Both positions are for 3 days each and one of these roles includes a day of duty counsellor work. All applications must also be accompanied by the formal application form.
Position 1: Mount Eden Counsellor
Tuesday 10.45 – 7pm
Friday & Saturday 8.45 am – 5.15pm
Position 2: Mount Eden Duty Counsellor
Monday & Wednesday 8.45 – 5.15
Thursday 10.45 – 7pm – Duty Counsellor
The successful applicants will have
Counselling qualification or other appropriate qualification
Proven experience of working with Families and Couples
Excellent communication, both oral and written
Commitment to completing all administrative requirements
Supportive team member
Aligned to Home & Families Mission, Vision and Values
Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Home & Family Counselling, 344 Mt Eden Rd Mt Eden. Closing date, 4th June 2019.
NB Interviews will take place the week of 10th June 2019 at our Mount Eden office.
Counselling Practice Manager
Are you an experienced clinician with an appropriate counselling qualification? Are you a clinician with demonstrable leadership and management skills?
At Home and Family Counselling, our vision is “communities where everyone is thriving, connected and able to participate”. We believe our vision relies on successful leadership and professional, effective counselling services.
We are looking for someone to join our team, 30 hours a week, working 2 days at our Mount Eden office and 2 days at our North Shore offices. Your primary role will be to support the counselling staff, facilitate peer supervision, and oversee the operation of the North Shore site in conjunction with the Office Manager.
As a clinician, you will also provide direct counselling services to Individuals, Couples and families alongside providing some external supervision.
The work is challenging and varied and highly rewarding for those wishing to work as a part of a committed and passionate team.
Ideal Appointee Specifications
- Successful and demonstrable experience in staff management.
- Superior administrative and organizational skills.
- Significant training and proven experience in counselling with young people, families and couples and in providing clinical supervision.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and practices of couple and family therapy from a systemic practice model, including an appreciation of the importance of the context of people’s lives.
- Ability to work cross-culturally.
- Narrative, collaborative, strength-based counselling experience would be an advantage.
- Self-directed, able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Understanding the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi and commitment to promoting its implications for Home and Family Counselling.
- High level of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Active pursuit of enhancing/enlarging own professional skill development.
- Position Description Position Description Practice Manager 2019
We are currently looking for the following volunteers.
1. Fundraising volunteers
We rely heavily on the wonderful work of our volunteers who fulfill an essential fundraising role helping us to continue to provide our donation-based service.
We’re looking for keen, enthusiastic people who love organising fundraising events or being part of a team that makes great ideas happen!
It’s a great opportunity to get involved in your community, meet new people and make new friends. We provide full support so don’t worry if you are new to this. Enthusiasm and a positive attitude is all that is required!
2. Maintenance volunteers
- We’re searching for regular volunteers to assist us with lawn mowing [very small area] and perhaps some general exterior work such as gutter cleaning and exterior washing [once or twice per year]. We have premises in Mt Eden and Northcote. Not essential but we would love someone who could also turn their hand to other small maintenance tasks to help us keep our centres looking lovely for our clients. If you think you might be able to help on a regular basis, even in a small way, please contact Sheryl Amundsen on 09 630 8961 or email Sheryl.Amundsen@homeandfamily.org.nz