What’s on offer?
Up to 5 one-hour sessions of counselling.
Anyone who’s a member of the below organisations:
- Directors and Editors Guild of New Zealand
- New Zealand Writers Guild
- Screen Industry Guild Aotearoa (Technicians)
- Screen Composers Guild of New Zealand
- Screen Production and Development Association (SPADA)
- Women in Film & Television NZ (WIFT)
- Ngā Aho Whakaari (Māori in Screen)
- New Zealand Cinematographer’s Society
- Stunt Guild of New Zealand
- Equity New Zealand (Actors)
- NZ Advertising Producer’s Group (NZAPG)
- Pan Asian Screen Collective.
* Organisation and membership details will need to be provided to Home & Family Counselling.
What about privacy?
Your privacy is paramount. Client information to utilise this offering will be to Home & Family only.
Make An Appointment
Who is the Vista Foundation?
The Vista Foundation is a social responsibility initiative founded by Vista Group, a publicly listed New Zealand company comprising several businesses and a world leader in providing technology solutions to the global film industry.
A New Zealand-registered charity run by a board of six trustees and with Roger Donaldson and Cliff Curtis as patrons,
the Vista Foundation aims to help nurture the continued growth and success of the New Zealand film industry.
The Foundation has put aside a sum to subsidise counselling sessions for film industry workers and their families. The Foundation will make a donation of NZ$50 to Home & Family for each one hour session sought and provided. The $50 subsidy will mean that a donation to Home & Family by the client is non-obligatory; to be clear, a client donation can be at any level dependent on affordability.
Who is Home & Family Counselling?
Founded 126 years ago in 1893, today ‘Home & Family’ provides counselling to children, youths, individuals,
couples and families. Home & Family is an Incorporated Society with charitable status.
The organisation is led by an Executive Director
supported by a Board of seven. New Zealand’s Governor General, currently Her Excellency, the Right Honourable Dame Patsy Reddy is the Patron of Home & Family.
Counselling is offered from centres in Mount Eden and Northcote in Auckland. Under the lock-down terms of Covid-19, online or telephone counselling is working well.