At Home and Family Counselling, we champion better mind health for all New Zealanders – something we have been proudly doing since 1893. We provide a high standard of counselling. Our voluntary contribution system ensures our services remain affordable for everyone.
As Auckland’s leading, not-for-profit counselling organisation, we pride ourselves on employing well-qualified, experienced people eager to make a positive difference to their local community and work in a collaborative team environment. If this sounds like you, and you’re determined to secure a role with a healthy ‘work-life balance’ then submit an application to work for us.
Below are the current work opportunities available at Home and Family Counselling.
Clinicial Team Leader
Home and Family has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced clinician with an appropriate counselling qualification and demonstrable leadership and management skills.
At Home and Family Counselling our vision is “communities where everyone is thriving, connected and able to participate”. We believe our vision relies on successful leadership and professional, effective counselling services.
We are looking for someone to join our team, a clinician with a good level of business acumen, supervision and leadership experience. Are you someone who is genuine, collaborative, and confident in your ability to make decisions that support your team whilst aligned with the wider organisation’s objectives? Are you self-motivated and able to manage your time effectively? If you have answered yes, then we would love to hear from you.
The role is 30 hours a week, working 3 days at our Mount Eden office with an option to extend this to 4 days. Your primary role will be to support the counselling staff and manage the training and development of counsellors and the provision of direct services to clients and supervisees.
The work is varied and highly rewarding for those wishing to work as a part of a committed and passionate team with a Manager who is fully engaged, genuine, positive and pragmatic.
Ideal Appointee Specifications:
- Successful and demonstrable experience in staff management and leadership.
- Superior administrative and organizational skills.
- Significant training and proven experience in counselling with young people, families and couples and in providing clinical supervision.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and practices of both couple and family therapy from a systemic practice model, including an appreciation of the importance of the context of people’s lives.
- Ability to work cross-culturally.
- Narrative, collaborative, strength-based counselling experience would be an advantage.
- Self-directed, able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Understanding of the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi and commitment to promoting its implications for Home and Family Counselling.
- High level of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Active pursuit of enhancing/enlarging own professional skill development.
Applications close on 13th February 2023 with interviews held the week beginning 20th of February 2023. An Employment Application Form must be completed and submitted with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) when applying for employment opportunities at Home & Family Counselling.
You may either submit your employment application online, via email, or by post.
|Post:||Shelley Anderson – Executive Director, Home & Family Counselling, PO Box 67 120, Auckland 1349, New Zealand.|
|Online:||Complete the Online Employment Application Form below and attach your CV as a PDF file (Max 50MB) before selecting the ‘Submit’ button.|